Responsibilities & Duties
Structural Engineering IV will be expected to be fully versed and self-sufficient in the principals and practices of the science of structural engineering. Applicant shall be able to apply their knowledge and expertise to perform basic working tasks while also using them to resolve any unique issues or conditions that may arise. Being a high level engineer, it is expected that the applicant has maintained knowledge and education of all aspects of the practice and can be able to recommend, implement, or emphasize needed changes in the department. Applicant should be creative, driven, self-motivated, and can work independently or with a team, and be able to handle problem solving situations related to the discipline. Applicant shall be able to make decisions and recommendations as well as receive direction. Being organized and able to self-prioritize concurrent tasks is a requirement. Structural Engineer IV shall be able to:
- Designs a complete project, system, component, or process.
- Prepares complete project documents.
- Designs and conducts experiments, and analyzes and interprets data.
- Formulates and solves problems.
- Assists upper level management and staff as a technical specialist or adviser.
- Participates with reviews of project documents for conformity and quality assurance
- Serves as the technical specialist for the organization in the application of advanced concepts, principles, and methods in an assigned area.
- Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for recommending changes in programs or applications.
- Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments.
- Assists in the development of standards and guidelines.
- Leads the organization in a broad area of specialization or in a narrow but intensely specialized field.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
Managerial skills required:
- Reviews and approves scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
- Prepares proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Able to supervises a project team of engineers, technicians, and consultants.
- Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple projects, or is responsible for an entire program of an organization.
- Reviews operational procedures to ensure compliance with applicable policies and performance measures.
Qualifications & Required Skills
Must be proficient in the use of:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Excel and Word
- Autodesk Revit
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- NOTE: If applicant has no experience in STADD.Pro, RISA-3D, or Enercalc then be prepared to provide information on design software you have utilized in the past.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or university in the field of Civil Engineering and Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience as a Structural Engineering with experience serving in the role of project manager.
- Must possess excellent communication skills – both verbal and written.
Certification, Licenses, Registrations
- Must be a licensed professional engineer in the State of Florida
- Or able to obtain a Florida P.E. via reciprocity within 3 months of date of hire
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active member of professional practice organization, preferably serving in a specific role of leadership.
Want to Apply?
Simply fill out the form below and submit.