This design-build project consisted of replacement of existing soccer/football field grass turf located inside base track with new synthetic surface. The existing grass surface does not have ample recovery between events held at the complex. Installing synthetic turf will provide a reduced maintenance facility that can handle the multitude of events held at the facility while providing an aesthetically pleasing appearance. The following are highlights of the project:
- Replace grass area inside of track with synthetic surface. Surface area converted to synthetic turf is approximately 102,000 square feet. The area covered the existing soccer/football field grassy area inside the track area.
- Installed a complete, premium quality synthetic turf consisting of a vertical draining gravel blanket and nominal 2.25” long polyethylene paralleling slit and dual mono-filament blended fibers, tufted into a primary backing with a secondary backing consisting of a minimum of 22 ounces of urethane per square yard with a resilient fill surface system consisting of silica sand and crumb rubber granules.
- The turf shall have the system’s shock attenuation shall have an average G max value of 100-125.
- The existing eight lane track surface to be resurfaced, pained and stripped.
- Removed and disposed of existing scoreboard, soccer goals and electrical pedestal.
- Provide site/civil design that included storm water calculations and management along with permitting from regulatory state agency.
This design-build project was completed over one month ahead of schedule.